Google AdWords recently made some significant changes to the structure and functionality of their pay-per-click advertising platform. The switch to new AdWords Enhanced Campaigns reflects the growing number of mobile and tablet users and the trend of searchers constantly switching devices to access information on the go. Enhanced Campaigns have been designed to serve more relevant ads to a more targeted audience to benefit both searchers and advertisers.
AdWords will automatically switch all users to Enhanced Campaigns in the next few months, so it’s best to prepare for the change now and not be caught off-guard.
Here is a list of the top 10 things our PPC account managers want you to know about Google AdWords Enhanced Campaigns:
- Enahnced Campaigns will run across all devices. There is no longer a need for mobile-specific campaigns. Instead, mobile devices can now be managed in the same campaign as desktop.
- In one campaign, bids can be adjusted based on location, day of the week, time of day, and device type.
- Mobile ads and desktop ads can now live in the same adgroups. Google will recognize which device is being used and will serve the appropriate ads and extensions.
- Ads can be designated to serve on mobile devices only, allowing managers to design ad text specifically targeting mobile users.
- If for some reason you don’t want to target mobile devices for a specific campaign, simply set the mobile bid adjustment to -100%.
- Due to the blurring line between desktop and tablet devices, AdWords now categorizes both as the same device for targeting purposes.
- Sitelink extensions are now approved and served on an individual basis. This allows Google to serve the best performing sitelinks and allows managers to serve certain sitelinks on mobile devices only.
- Call extensions can now be shown on desktop as well as mobile devices. Due to the new improvements to call extensions, Google no longer allows phone numbers to be used in the headline or description of an ad.
- Promote your latest deal and drive in-store visits with offer extensions. When clicked, the offer extension will display the full details of your promotion, instructions for redeeming the offer and a map of your locations.
- Multiple target locations can now be designated in a single campaign, and bids can be adjusted for each location target. Target a radius around your business locations to take advantage of the increasing number of mobile searchers looking for products or services nearby.
Need help managing your AdWords account? Call our PPC marketing service agency’s certified Google AdWords account managers today to make the most of your online advertising. Visit Clarity Quest online to request a quote, or call 877-887-7611.
Author: +Brian Shilling