Clarity Quest President, Chris Slocumb, and Senior Marketing Consultant, Melanie Hilliard, shared best practices for using LinkedIn direct sponsored content ads to build brand awareness, drive website traffic, and generate leads successfully in a webinar titled “Promote Your Brand and Fill Your Funnel Using LinkedIn Ads” in partnership with TradeTec Skyline.
10 tips to successfully run LinkedIn direct sponsored content campaigns:
- Secure a budget and commitment to a quarterly campaign at a minimum.
- Before you dive into a LinkedIn campaign, it’s critical to establish a budget.
2. Create buyer profiles
- Determine if your buyers are on LinkedIn and then use your buyer profile to target them with information in their profile such as an understanding of what the buyer is interested in, what their concerns are, and who influences them and their business.
3. Think about the customer journey and how your prospects purchase.
- Map your target audiences’ needs to the buying process.
4. Develop content.
- What type of educational content do your potential buyers want to engage with? Content ideas can include but are not limited to blogs, white papers, videos, newsletters, and beyond.
5. Create or update your LinkedIn company page.
- Make sure company logos, contact information, and other relevant information is up to date. Take advantage of the Jobs section by posting new job listings and make sure your leadership team is set up correctly on the LinkedIn “People” page, too.
6. Set up Campaign Manager.
- This is a complex step but there are trainings available as well as YouTube videos to help you better understand the functions.
7. Set up your prospect targeting.
- This function is precise, powerful, and you can target to your heart’s delight! You can target by job title, industry, experience, and more.
8. Consider LinkedIn pre-filled lead gen forms.
- These are helpful if your business doesn’t have a lot of control over its website. Because they come pre-filled, it’s an efficient way to capture leads.
9. Decide on a bidding strategy.
- It can be easy to overspend if you don’t know how the bidding strategy selected works. Watch the recording to hear Chris dive into and explain the benefits of each strategy.
10. Test, measure, tweak.
- Try different calls to action and creative to see what resonates with your target audience, then adjust future campaigns based on those results.