The HIMSS 2016 conference will be held February 29 – March 4 at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas.
Whether this is your first industry event or you’re a veteran trade show exhibitor, careful planning is essential for getting the most out of your HIMSS16 experience. Start planning your trip now with our HIMSS Rescue List. Get tips for planning your trip to Las Vegas, stocking up on “must-have” items in your trade show booth, and preventing last-minute emergencies!
Tips for Planning Your Trip and Navigating Las Vegas
- Hotel: Book your stay with the HIMSS hotel block for discounted rates and reservation protection.
- Travel & Entertainment: View these HIMSS deals for discounts on shuttles, sightseeing, and Vegas attractions.
- Transportation: Scan this list of free and low-priced shuttles. Also view the HIMSS hotel shuttle routes and schedule.
- Schedule: Familiarize yourself with the HIMSS conference schedule before the event.
- Restaurants: Browse Yelp’s top-rated Las Vegas restaurants.
- Attractions: Check out this list of things to do in Las Vegas including shopping, nightlife, pools, spas, golf, and recreation opportunities.
- Business Center: Access the Sands Expo Business Center for office supplies, copying, faxing, scanning, and shipping services. If you are in need of last-minute services, a staff member will even stop by your booth to assist you and maximize your time on the trade show floor.
- Other Nearby Business Services: Visit the FedEx Office Print and Ship Center, located near the Sands Expo, for a range of business services.
- Nearby Convenience Store: Stop by Walgreens on S Las Vegas Blvd for any forgotten trade show items.
Essential Items for your HIMSS Booth
- Office Supplies: Colored pens, highlighters, Sharpies™, index cards, Post-it™ Notes, rubber bands, stapler, glue, duct tape, clear packing tape, generic business cards (in case someone runs out)
- Organization: Ziploc™ bags, trash bags, paper towel
- Health: Breath mints, gum, dental floss, tissues, cough drops, first aid kit, hand sanitizer, hydration powder packs
- Electronics: Extension cord, electric plug bar, universal converter charger and wall plug, universal cell phone charging cables
- Tools: Box cutter, all-in-one tool, scissors
Additional Recommended HIMSS Supplies
- Office Supplies: Mechanical pencils, paper clips, zip-ties, envelopes, stamps, address labels, Wite-Out™
- Health: Lip balm, tweezers, spare contact case, contact solution, compact mirror, eye drops, hand lotion, reader glasses, hygiene items, energy bars
- Emergency: Umbrella, small bills and change for vending machines, mini sewing kit, safety pins, USB compatible thumb drive with original collateral PDFs stored, contact information for all booth personnel and booth hardware vendor, flip flops for sore feet
We hope you enjoy your experience at HIMSS 2016! Feel free to share your additional travel and trade show tips in the comments section below.
Like this post? Get more juicy marketing content by signing up for our monthly e-newsletter.