When marketing medical devices, many companies jump right into lead generation initiatives.
But to market a device properly, you first need to get your marketing foundation in order, including brand elements.
While your company may not be first to market, it is critical to position yourself as unique and memorable, which requires a strong branding effort.
What is a brand?
A brand is the way a company, organization, or individual is perceived by those who experience it.
It’s more than just a name, logo, or tagline. A brand is the recognizable feeling a product or business evokes.
Brands live in the minds of everyone who experiences them: employees, investors, and most important, prospects and customers.
A well-defined brand:
- Promotes recognition: A brand that’s consistent and easy to recognize makes people feel more at ease with buying a product.
- Highlights differentiation: By staking a claim to a unique space in the market, you can make meaningful connections with buyers.
- Establishes an emotional connection: Eliciting an emotional response is key to driving decision-making behavior.
- Keeps you focused: Purposeful branding provides a framework and guidelines for all marketing efforts.
- Provides motivation and direction: Brand values and messages that employees can rally around ensure internal alignment and consistency in focus and approach.
The foundational elements of brand building are:
- Target audience: The individual(s) you are trying to reach and influence with your marketing efforts.
- Competitive landscape: The options your customer could choose rather than your brand, product, or service.
- Brand promise: The value or experience your target audience can expect every time they interact with your brand.
- Brand positioning: The space your brand owns in the minds of customers and how it stands apart from the competition.
- Points of differentiation: The features and benefits that make your brand unique.
- Reasons to believe: The functional benefits of the brand that support the brand promise.
- Brand essence: The ideas behind the brand that inspires you, your company, and your customers.
- Brand character: The human attributes and characteristics associated with the brand that gives it a unique personality.
- Communication strategy: The channels and tactics you will use to connect with your target audiences.
Start building your foundation
Are you looking to raise awareness and build your medical device brand?
Whether you need help developing a winning marketing strategy, want to build an impactful brand, or need to expand your digital footprint, our medical device marketing services cover it all.